U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
Design work to begin on U2 Tower|
Posted on Thursday, May 12 @ 16:32:18 CEST by Macphisto
(RTE.ie) -- The Dublin Docklands Authority has announced that it has appointed a number of consultants to begin design work on the U2 Tower.
The landmark development on the Grand Canal Dock will house U2's new recording studios.
The design, which was chosen from over 500 entries in an architectural competition, features a unique twisting tower. The top two floors of the tower will contain the exclusive recording studios for the band.
Gráinne Hollywood, Director of Property, Docklands Authority, said, "The U2 Tower will provide a unique and remarkable icon for the Docklands and the city."
"The project has received interest from a range of high calibre consultants. We are delighted to have appointed companies with such extensive international experience and expertise in their individual areas," she said.
The appointed consultants are Arup Consulting Engineers (Façade Engineer), Buro Happold (Fire Safety Consultant), Arup Consulting Engineers (M&E Engineer), Dennis Rooney Associates (Project Supervisor Design Stage), PKS David Langdon (Quantity Surveyors) and McCarthy Hyder (Structural Engineers).
Additional consultants are due to be appointed in the areas of Project Management, Acoustics, Lighting, and Build-ability.
Burdon Dunne Craig Henry of Dublin were appointed architects of the tower in 2004.