U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
Irish PM praises U2 star|
Posted on Sunday, March 16 @ 09:04:37 CET by Macphisto
(Sky News) -- Rock singer Bono has been praised by Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern for his efforts in the fight against HIV and Aids.
Mr Ahern said the U2 frontman - who received a humanitarian award at Ireland's music awards - had achieved "impressive results" in highlighting the cause.
Addressing the World Bank in Washington, he urged the star to spread his message around Europe as he had done in the United States.
"He has operated successfully here in the US to mobilise political support at the highest levels and has achieved impressive results," he said.
"I would welcome and fully support any such similar effort that Bono might undertake in Europe."
Bono, whose band has been one of the world's biggest rock groups since the 1980s, has campaigned tirelessly to ease Third World problems.
He was also instrumental in the Drop The Debt campaign, which persuaded banks to write off millions of dollars owed by Third World countries.
At Dublin's Meteor Awards earlier this month Bono asked why millions of people were not out on the streets protesting about the number of Africans dying from Aids.
He urged protesters to speak out about "the forgotten war" as well as the threat of military action in Iraq.