U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
News: Bono Named As Possible Nobel Peace Prize Recipient|
Posted on Thursday, February 20 @ 02:51:09 CET by Macphisto
(Launch.com) -- Bono of U2 has been placed on the short list of possible winners of this year's Nobel Peace Prize. The social activist's name joins those of another 150 people and organizations on the list for the honor. Other recognized include Pope John Paul, Illinois Governor George Ryan, and French President Jacques Chirac.
Bono has long used his rock-celebrity status to forward philanthropic and political agendas, including the conflict in Northern Ireland and the AIDS epidemic in Africa. On February 1, the singer discussed international aid for developing nations at the World Economic Forum in New York.
The Nobel Peace Prize is one of five awards given out each year pursuant to a clause in the will of Alfred Nobel, a Norwegian inventor-turned-philanthropist. The will states that the award should be present to someone that has "conferred the greatest benefit on mankind," and to the person that has "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies, and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."
The winner of the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize will be announced in October. Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter received the honor in 2002.
-- Chiam Chad Dougatz, New York