U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
Fans rattle and hum to save U2 studio|
Posted on Tuesday, January 29 @ 07:20:05 CET by Macphisto
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Fans of the Irish rock band U2 have petitioned Dublin authorities to abandon plans to demolish a studio where the group recorded its latest hit album.
A petition on the Internet (www.saveu2studio.com) had logged 2,146 signatures as of Tuesday, when the Dublin Docklands Development Authority will hold a hearing on plans to raze the studio as part of a redevelopment project.
The studio, on Hanover Quay in Dublin, was used by U2 to record its latest hit album, "All That You Can't Leave Behind", and has been compared in significance to The Cavern Club in Liverpool, where the Beatles spent their early days.
"I am simply a U2 fan and have been for over 21 years," Fintan Kennedy, who initiated the petition, said.
"U2 were -- are -- the band of my generation, just like the Beatles or Elvis were to other generations," Kennedy told The Irish Times newspaper.
"I certainly believe that the Hanover Studios are as important as Sun Studios or Abbey Road," he said, referring to venues used by Presley and the Beatles, respectively, to make many of their recordings.
The docklands authority placed a compulsory purchase order on the property in August as a step towards demolishing the studio to create a public amenity on the quayside.
Four objections, in the names of U2's four members, have been lodged with the planning board.