U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
Benefit song going on|
Posted on Thursday, September 06 @ 05:05:51 UTC by macphisto
(Boston Globe) -- With the big names in the music business converging in New York City for Thursday night's MTV Video Music Awards, Bono, the lead singer of U2, had to act quickly.
Three weeks ago he began calling the stars, one after the other, and made a pitch on behalf of Africans suffering from AIDS. Beginning Wednesday, in a studio in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, more than 20 of the world's hottest artists and bands are coming out to rerecord Marvin Gaye's single "What's Going On" in a fund-raiser that the organizers hope will rival Live Aid.
Bono will sing alongside Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Destiny's Child, 'N Sync, No Doubt and Christina Aguilera, among others committed to laying down tracks in the studio over the next five days. Plans for the record have not been made public; details will be announced at a news conference Wednesday.
Proceeds from the single – which is due out by Dec. 1, World AIDS Day – will go to build health clinics in some of the parts of Africa hardest hit by the deadly virus.