U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
U2 - Humans Can't Get Foot And Mouth Disease|
Posted on Friday, April 27 @ 02:23:13 UTC by Macphisto
(Chartattack.com) -- You know chaos looms in the distance when a supreme authority requires the assurance of a rock band in hopes of dispelling a rumour. The Irish Government has recruited their favourite sons and their cash cow (so-to-speak), U2, to convince the public that the foot and mouth epidemic poses no threat to anyone visiting Ireland.
"The good word from Bono will reach not only U2's millions of fans, but their families and friends as well," stated Dr. James McDaid, minister of tourism for Ireland. Considering the band are on a world tour at the moment, they'll surely be spouting off how great their homeland is.
But everyone already knows that the recent outbreak of the disease is harmless to humans, right? Wrong. According to an [unnamed] study, one in five U.S. residents "mistakenly believes that foot and mouth disease is the same as mad cow disease."
Our misinformed neighbors south of the border will be shocked to learn of their ignorance as Bono attempts to convince them otherwise. Before U2's Los Angeles show on Monday night, Bono said the entire rumour was a "ridiculous misunderstanding. All of us in the band live and work there. It's a great place for a vacation and we hope everyone will continue to visit."
And if Bono says so, it's gotta be true, right?