U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
U2 message to American fans|
Posted on Tuesday, April 24 @ 14:54:57 UTC by Macphisto
(BBC News) -- The Irish rock group U2 have joined efforts to win American tourists to Ireland by dismissing the myths about foot-and-mouth disease.
Lead singer Bono read out a statement to fans at a Los Angeles concert on Monday night rubbishing some of the wilder stories about the animal disease.
He said: "We would like to tell everyone that Ireland is a perfectly
safe place for a vacation. All of us in the band live and work there.
"It's a great place for a vacation and we hope you will continue to
The endorsement by U2 is part of the Irish Government's proactive attempts to
safeguard its lucrative tourist industry.
There has only been one case of foot-and-mouth in the Irish Republic so far
and that was over a month ago in County Louth.
On 20 April, the Dublin government was allowed to start exporting beef and
dairy goods again.
It has also rescheduled St Patrick's Day celebrations for May in the hope the
national events will pull in an international contingent.
The Irish have also recruited other big names to help dispel misunderstanding
about foot-and-mouth after it was revealed that one in five US consumers believe
it is the same as mad cow disease.
Actors Martin Sheen and Michael York are among those taking part.
The Republic's tourism minister Jim McDaid said he was delighted with the
support: "It's just a form of patriotism coming through.
"You know when the Irish have their backs are up against it we tend to