U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
U2 play Irving Plaza|
Posted on Thursday, December 07 @ 01:22:30 UTC by Macphisto
(Allirelandmusic.com) -- U2 played to just 1,000 people in New York's Irving Plaza last night with techno maestros, the Chemical Brothers in support.
The audience, comprised of competition winners from local New York Radio Station, K-Rock, were treated to a stripped down, back to basics gig from the Irish supergroup. The intimate venue was far from U2's charismatic spectacular productions including monster screens, flamboyant lighting and hugely over-elaborate sound systems, instead being a very lo-fi show to a small gathering. Fans have bombarded K-Rock radio station since the competition was launched, at one stage jamming phone lines there. Yesterday's show was broadcast live on various radio stations across the U.S.
This intimate concert reflects a new type of gig for U2 which the band say they're looking forward to. In a recent interview with Australian magazine and website 'Juice', Larry Mullen, in reference to playing smaller venues, said he can't wait ' to see the whites of people's eyes again'.