U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
Bono 'would have lunch with Satan'|
Posted on Wednesday, March 20 @ 00:52:49 UTC by Macphisto
(News24.com) -- Cape Town - Bono says he would "have lunch with Satan" to help his crusade against poverty and disease.
The U2 singer says he has no problem dealing with right-wing politicians as he campaigns.
Bono says White House officials have dubbed him "the pest" because his lobbying is so persistent.
He admits he has lost friends through some of his political wheeling and dealing, reports the Daily Record.
Bono has even forged an unlikely link with right-wing senator Jesse Helms, who once called homosexuals "weak, morally sick wretches".
And he says U2 bandmate The Edge tried to rein him in in his efforts to fight famine and the spread of Aids.
Bono admitted: "Edge was pleading with me not to hang out with conservatives. He said 'You're not going to have your picture taken with George Bush?'
"I said I'd have lunch with Satan if there was so much at stake. I have friends who won't speak to me because of Helms. But it's very important not to play politics with this.
"Millions of lives are being lost for the stupidest of reasons - money. And not even very much money.
"So let's not play, who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? Let's rely on the moral force of our arguments."